12. Design a Product Strategy for Platform Businesses
Trainer: João Craveiro
Location: Room 5 / Sala 5
02:30 PM - 06:00 PM
Design a Product Strategy for Platform Businesses
From Airbnb to Uber, platform businesses aren't new. Also called marketplaces or multi-sided platforms, these products share distinct business model characteristics. In this workshop, I'll use clear language and familiar examples to convey the key concepts of platform businesses. You’ll be encouraged to follow the examples by applying these concepts as we go, to either a well-known platform company or your own.
By the end of the workshop, you will have:
1. learned the key concepts around platform business, and how they should be looked at differently from traditional (linear) businesses;
2. identified the core job of your platform business, and the gaps in that core job that make opportunities for your product;
3. crafted a basic vision and product strategy for your platform business to kickstart conversations with your team and stakeholders;
4. become better equipped to learn more advanced aspects from deeper references, as you execute and iterate your strategy and grow your platform.
Who is it for:
This workshop is for any product manager or product leader jumping into a role in a platform product. They might be more or less experienced in product in general, but relatively new to multi-sided platform products. They might be either kickstarting the product, or taking an existing platform product to a new chapter. It is particularly aimed at people in pre-product-market fit products.